DOING WHAT I LOVE WITH THE ONE I LOVE.
My name is Hannes Roodt. In 2013, I married my best friend and soul mate, Petru-Marti, who also became my full-time assistant and business partner. Getting married was the best decision of my life. As you are reading this, you are most probably about to step into this new chapter of your life, too.
Shortly after our dream wedding, we moved to Dubai and travelled the world, jet-setting to over 47 countries and 70 different cities as Emirates crew members. Not only did we travel to amazing places where we met people with lovely stories, but we also managed to save up money to start our photography company. What started out as a hobby, truly turned into a career. The more we were exposed to new people and new experiences, the more we wanted to encapsulate people’s stories and share it with the world.
Our story got even better in 2016 when our little girl Nayomi was born – our biggest gift from God! Apart from ‘Mamma’ and ‘Pappa’, saying ‘cheese’ for the camera – was one of her first words.
We are absolute animal lovers. Before we got married we opened a doggy parlour – Ultimate Pet Care – that grew into a successful small business with four franchises.
Our family is not complete without our two furry family members Ultimate and Fin – beautiful Afghan Hounds.
Furthermore, we have a massive weakness for good coffee and homemade food!
Most of all, we absolutely love photo-capturing the journey of life. Our inspiration comes from our passion for Jesus and the beautiful people He made.
About my style
I AM SO PASSIONATE WHEN I GET TO TAKE PHOTOS
Capturing that special experience is what makes me come alive. I have always been the photographer, from as early as I can remember. I am now able to fully live my dream after I acquired all the gear I need to make a memory last a lifetime.
I am a natural light photographer, who loves big white spaces and nature. To use the sun creatively (in the “golden hour”) really excites me.
I believe in “less is more” and when it comes to photos, my goal is to capture that confident smile or intimate moment, otherwise lost in time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you only shoot weddings?
How do I book?
- You catch my attention by completing this contact form that will get you in touch with me (yay!) and geared with information on my availability and pricing options.
- We hastily respond to your enquiry – mostly within 24 hours. (We do not believe in playing hard-to-get.)
- You choose the package that ticks all your boxes and notify us (of course sounding very excited!).
- We propose with a booking contract and invoice.
- You accept and sign. (Phew!)
- Proof of payment for a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. (Since love is priceless, but photos aren’t.)
- We are hooked up!
Important: Your booking will only be confirmed once your payment is received.
WHAT IS THE EARLIEST YOU CAN BE BOOKED?
How does payment work?
How far do you travel?
Do you work with an assistant?
How long is the wedding shoot?
- Venue and Décor: 25-35min
- Good-looking groom: 40-50min
- Beautiful bride: 60-90min
- Frustrated family (who just wants those pre-drinks): 20-30min
- Bridal Party: 15-20min
- Bridal Couple: 45-55min
We will have a planning session to chat about the nitty-gritties.
ARE FORMAL TABLE SHOTS OF OUR GUESTS INCLUDED?
Do you require food?
Do we have a meeting prior to the wedding?
What about extra lighting?
When will I have my photos?
Will the photos be digitally manipulated?
How do we get the best possible photos?
- Plan well. The couple shoot is ideally done during the “golden hour” when nature offers her best lighting. This might entail hurrying up the minister…
- Stressed faces do not make pretty pics, so make sure there is enough time for all the desired shots and that the bridal party and family are informed on when they should show up where to “say cheese”. Again: proper planning!
- Organise a spacious room with ample white light.
- Have attractive hangers for the bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses.
- Ensure you feel your prettiest by booking trial runs for your hair and make-up.
- Be yourself, be in love and enjoy your special day – this creates the best and most authentic photos!